LIFESTYLE- A word to the wise: Never become a cheating wife or a cheating husband. The damage to your marriage or committed relationship and and the damage to your reputation can be permanent.
For some individuals, willpower alone is sufficient to resist naturally occurring impulses to step outside the bounds of fidelity — the commitment of exclusivity you made with your partner when you chose to be a couple.
What is needed is a good strategy on how to prevent infidelity. Your willpower needs practical tools!
1. Avoid being alone with someone of the opposite sex.
Secluding yourself with someone you are sexually attracted to, other than your legitimate partner, is dangerous. For example, don’t visit a work colleague in his or her room.
2. Don’t drink alcoholic beverages with someone of the opposite sex.
Alcohol reduces inhibition. We all know this. A person who is intoxicated will often do things that are completely out of character. Don’t get drunk and thereby remove the natural inhibitions that would prevent infidelity. Many illicit relationships begin when alcoholic beverages are being consumed.
3. Strengthen your relationship.
A strong marriage or committed relationship is preventative medicine. It will not guarantee that you will not have an affair, but it certainly will greatly reduce the likelihood. When you have a good relationship, you know that by committing infidelity you have a lot to lose and as well, you care more about your partner and betraying them will be unthinkable.
4. Consider the impact of infidelity before you start an affair.
The lies that a cheating wife, a cheating husband, or a cheating partner tell themselves are many. Among the most common are: “I won’t get discovered” and “It’s a harmless form of entertainment.” In their delusion, they think they will not have to pay the price for their philandering. Not true.
5. Stick to your moral code Whether it’s a humanistic moral code or a religious code, wanting to do the right thing not only in the eyes of your family, but in keeping with the rules of a greater universal force is a powerful aid against infidelity.
- Public Transporters warned on compromising SOPs
- Another teacher hangs self as poverty bites
- Ruhinda North MP Tayebwa faces arrest for assaulting UMEME staff